We all love Kulfi and Rasmalai in summers If guests are coming at home or you want to make both dishes in a day, it can be done by making this mix. It tastes just like market wala stuff!!
Kesar Pista Milk Mix
- 500 ml full fat milk
- 10-15 almonds blanched and peeled
- 10-15 pistachios blanched and peeled
- 1 tsp elaichi powder
- Kesar dipped in some warm milk
- 2 tbsp milk powder
- Sugar as per taste (can use grated jaggery or half sugar -half jaggery)
- Blanching means keeping the nuts in hot water for an hour or two and then peeling the skin off.
- Mix the milk powder in the 500 ml milk and keep it to boil in a heavy bottom pan. After 1 boil let it reduce on simmer.
- Meanwhile, chop half the nuts and add it to milk and crush half the nuts coarsely and add to milk. Keep stirring in between and scraping the sides.
- When milk has reduced to almost 2/3 of it's original quantity, add kesar milk, elaichi powder and again let it reduce for 5 minutes.
- Now add your sweetener. If it is sugar, add and on simmer let it dissolve and get thickened a bit as sugar leaves water. If it is jaggery, add and switch off the gas.
The milk mix needs to be cooled now.
For kulfi one can fill it in moulds and freeze for 8-10 hours.
Rasmalai using Milk Mix
For rasmalai, I use normal while rasgullas from market and squeezed them to remove the sugar syrup.
In a pan, add the milk mix and when hot, add the squeezed rasgullas. The rasgullas will soak the milk and your rasmalai is ready.
Serve it chilled.
Explore the entire collection of articles: Fun Recipe