I have been blessed that my Mom stayed back with us till my son turned 1-year-old. I got some great tips from her that not only helped to cure illness but also in building strong immunity against diseases.
So, I am sharing some recipes of Milk that can help kids stay strong and fight winters :
- Take milk in a pan and add few munakka to it. Heat on low flame till it becomes frothy.
- For babies above 1 year you may add a small amount of honey as well
- This drink acts as a tonic in fever and provides energy.
- It also acts as a memory booster.
Nutmeg-Saffron -Dates Milk
- Rub 1 almond, dry date and nutmeg on rubbing stone.
- Put all these ingredients in hot milk and add a few strands of saffron to it. (You may add honey for babies above 1 year)
- It helps in clearing congestion due to cold and builds immunity .
- It helps in soothing the babies, making them sleep better.
Turmeric - Pepper Milk
Heat milk in a pan and add pinch of turmeric to it.
Add small quantity of pepper and a pinch of jaggery to it.
- It helps babies fight viral and bacterial infections.
- It keeps the skin soft.
(Note: These drinks are meant for children above 10 months. Do take your doctor’s advice, before giving anything to them).