Girls with round or fuller face often want to know how they can make their face look slimmer. The answer is with the help of makeup. With the right makeup technique, you can effectively make your chubby face look slender.
So, here are the important makeup tips that you should keep in mind if you want to camouflage your round face.
Recommended Read: 5 Worst Makeup Mistakes Of Women And How To Avoid Them
#1. Play with the eyes
It is important to make your eyes stand out. Highlight them with black eyeliner, dark eye shadow and mascara.
- Start with the eyeliner. Give your eyes a soft smudgy look, instead of a thin and precise line. This will make your eyes look bigger and attractive, drawing the attention away from your face.
- While applying the eye shadow, make sure that the shade suits your complexion and compliments your dress. Use more shimmering shades on the brow line. In the inner half of the crease, opt for a slightly darker shade. Lastly, apply the darkest shade at the outer corner of your eye.
Image Courtesy: Instagram
- The different shades should merge properly; else it will give a patchy look to your eyes.
- Make your lashes look thicker and longer with a few coats of mascara.
#2. Shape your eyebrows
Image Courtesy: 2 States
Give a proper shape to your eyebrows. Well-groomed eyebrows can make your face look lean and slender. For those with round faces, it is ideal to keep an arch slightly higher, directly over the outer part of the eye pupil.
#3. Blusher essential
The main thing which should be kept in mind while using blusher is the way of applying its strokes. A good blusher not only makes your face appear toned and sharp but also shows off the beauty points of your face.
- A pink or peach blusher suits almost every skin tone.
- The strokes should conceal the fullness of your face. Always apply the blush using firm and brisk strokes, in a sweeping motion.
- Never apply blush on the apple of your cheeks in a circular motion, as this will only highlight the roundness of your face.
- The best trick to hide the roundness of your face is to apply the brush directly under the cheekbones and blend them all the way into your temples.
- After applying the blush, if you feel like adding more drama to your look, then you can blend a highlighter on the top of your cheekbones in soft sweeping motions. This would add a slight edge to your features as well.
#4. Lip trick
Give a makeover to your lips with the help of lip liner.
- If you have thin lips then make them voluminous with the help of the liner. Thin lips can make your face look round.
- Plump up your lips by applying the liner on the lower lip. Do not line the upper lip; else the lips will look too full.
- Go for glossy nude colours as they make your lips look natural and fuller. If you have a fairer complexion, you can choose pink or peach lip colours. But, it is best to stay clear of all bright shades.
- Another good way to add volume to your lips is to apply a shimmery lip gloss in the middle of your lower lip, over your neutral shade lip colour.
You may like: How To Pick The Right Lipstick Shade For Your Skin Tone
#5. Darker foundation
Since you have to make your round face appear more oval, it is important to draw the attention away from the sides of your face.
- After moisturising your face, apply an even layer of dark-coloured foundation on your face and neck.
- Use a darker shade of the foundation in the hollow of your cheeks. This would give a slimmer and slender appearance to your face.
Now you are equipped with makeup tricks that would make your face look slim and slender, instantly. So, get ready to dazzle everyone at your next party!