Are you in love with your baby bump? Who is not? Planning to capture it for lifelong but confused what to look for before finalising the shoot? Read ahead.
Before finalizing the shoot, do keep these points in mind -
1. Check the portfolio of the photographer: Ask the photographer to provide you few samples of his work on maternity. This would give you a fair outcome of the types of photographs you would get. This would also help you compare different photographers in terms of creativity, aesthetics, editing and finally the resultant picture.
2. Discuss the themes beforehand: Check the themes that are being provided by the photographer. Also, if you have something in mind, discuss it with the photographer if he/she can achieve it.
3. Props and Clothes: Most photographers provides props related to themes. Props enhance the subject. Ensure that lot of props are being used as repetition gets boring. As regards clothes, you may choose to wear yours or may ask the photographer to provide it. Photographers generally have drapes. A basic pair of white/black leggings and a spaghetti top is required over which the silhouette is wrapped. The effect comes out brilliant especially if it is a beach shot or a grand architectural shot.
4. Extended family: If you are planning to involve your extended family into the shots or your first kid, tell this to the photographer. Some photographers charge extra for that.
5. Digital/Printed/Photobook: Discuss with the photographer whether he would provide the final pictures as edited soft copies or would give printouts as well. A photo book option is also available wherein a beautiful coffee table is created using the clicked pictures depicting the beautiful story. However always check whether the price of them is included in the package or is charged extra.
6. Budget: The most important to most of us. Discuss, Negotiate add or less things and re-negotiate. Always derive the best value for money being paid. After all, you hard earned it. The charges vary from city to city and the kind of service provided. It can range anywhere between Rs 5000 to Rs 35000 for photoshoot. Add extra if you are going for the video as well.
This article is an entry for BLOG-A-THON.
To book an appointment for Maternity Photoshoot or a Baby Photoshoot in your locality, click here