Morning sickness refers to the nausea that can start as early as six weeks of pregnancy and generally peaks around the eighth and ninth weeks. Though it has the word “morning” in it, it can happen at any time of the day.It tends to get very frustrating and often comes across as a very daunting task to deal with.
Here are some easy tips which can help you deal with this situation:
- There are certain scents which trigger the nausea in a would-be mom. It may be the scent of a dal being tempered in the kitchen or of somebody’s perfume. This is caused due to the high estrogen levels during pregnancy. Just avoid that smell, open the window or take a small walk. You can also carry your favourite perfume or a lemon to sniff while on the go.
- If you feel very dull or nauseous during certain mornings, do not much yourself too hard. Take rest. Watch a movie or listen to your favourite movie. Read a book and take the day off.
- Track down what really triggers the nausea in your system. Once you have done that, it becomes really easy to avoid that situation. For example, if at a certain time in the evening, you get dizzy everyday and feel like vomiting, then it may be because of all the food aroma in your house. Try to avoid it by taking a stroll.
- Eat small meals at short intervals. Don’t go empty stomach for long duration. Also eat protein rich foods like eggs, meat, paneer, soya chunks and nuts.
- Don’t get out of your bed empty stomach in the morning. Have some snack ready at your bedside table.
- Have plenty of fluids throughout the day. You can have juice also if you like. The key is to stay hydrated.
- Avoid spicy or fried foods. Also avoid meals which are hard to digest.
- Ginger is known for its digestive properties. Having ginger tea when you feel nauseated can really help relieve the feeling.
- Also brush your teeth before going to bed at night. It helps in neutralising the bad taste on your tongue due to hormones and can keep vomiting at low levels.
Also Read: Dental Problems During Pregnancy