Los Angeles, Oct 26 (PTI) A feature documentary on renowned chef, food critic and writer Anthony Bourdain is in the works from CNN Films, HBO Max and Focus Features. Oscar-winning filmmaker Morgan Neville is attached to direct the documentary, reported Variety.
Neville, who won the Academy Award for 2013 documentary '20 Feet from Stardom', will also produce the feature via his Tremolo Productions banner.
CNN Films and HBO Max will executive produce.
'Anthony Bourdain did more to help us understand each other than just about anyone in the history of television. He connected with people not in spite of his flaws, but because of them.
'To have the opportunity to tell his story is humbling. CNN is in the DNA of Tony's work, and the perfect partners in this journey. I'm thrilled to be reteaming with Focus Features after our journey on 'Won’t You Be My Neighbor?'. I am also happy that HBO Max will make sure Tony's audience only continues to grow,' Neville said in a statement.
Bourdain became a pioneer in the food and travel entertainment industry, documenting his travels on CNN series 'Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown', which won 12 Emmy awards over its five-year run.
He was found dead in a French hotel in June last year, and the cause of death was later confirmed to be suicide.
'We are thrilled that Morgan will bring his singular voice to this film, revealing what we loved so much about Tony. Partnering with Focus Features and HBO Max ensures even more of Tony's devoted fans will be able to celebrate him,' said CNN Films' Amy Entelis.
Focus Features chairman Peter Kujawski added, 'Morgan is the top of the game when it comes to documentary filmmaking and we're delighted to be working with him again on this project with our great collaborators at CNN Films and HBO Max.' PTI