It’s festival time and such savories like Baked Multigrain Beetroot Crackers are a must have. The beauty of these guilt free Baked Multigrain Beetroot Crackers, that they give you the taste of Matri which we all have been use to of having. Now adding multigrain and flax seeds makes them nutritious to have even while you are looking for a mid morning or evening snack time.
Beetroot gives it the much needed beautiful colour to add more temptations and of course comes with its own goodness. Baking it helps in retaining its crispiness without using too much oil and that is the high point of this recipe. I am sure during Holi when your guests would any ways have lots of oily and fried food, this can be a goodness loaded change of taste for sure.
Try this recipe to feel the taste yourself.
Boiled Beetroot: 1/2 cup grated
Ragi flour: 1 tbsp
Whole wheat flour: 1 tbsp
Rajgira or Amaranth flour: 1 tbsp
Oats flour: 1/2 tbsp
Sago flour: 1/2 tbsp
Cumin powder: 1/2 tsp
Carom seeds: 1/4 tsp
Flax seeds powder: 1/2 tsp
Salt: as per taste
Red chilli powder: 1/4 tsp (if needed)
Rice bran Oil: 2 tsp
Baking powder: 1/4 tsp
- Mix all the ingredients and knead a soft dough.
- The moisture of beetroot and oil will be enough and no water needs to be added.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth or plastic wrap and leave for ten minutes.
- Pre heat over and grease the baking tray.
- Next roll the dough in a thick chapati and cut small square shaped cracker.
- You might want to use scissors to trim the sides of the cracker to make them more uniform.
- Next put them on the baking tray and bake for 7 mins one side and flip the crackers and bake for another 5 mins on the other side , both at 150 degrees Celsius.
- Now check if they are crispy enough or grill them for 2-3 mins more. Remember too much grilling will change the taste and burn them, so be cautious at this time.
- Let them cool down and then try with your evening tea or serve your guests these with some powdered chat masala sprinkled with flax seeds powder.
Also read: Healthy Breakfast Pops
Explore the entire collection of articles: Fun Recipe