Natural ingredients are for DIYs are ruling the beauty world right now. These are inexpensive, chemical-free and light on the skin. What those store-bought products can't do, these natural ingredients can do, without damaging the skin cells. One such ingredient is the banana peel.
It is the most neglected item in your house and is often regarded as worthless. With the use of banana peel, you can say goodbye to acne and wrinkles without spending oodles.
Recommended Read: Don't Throw Fruit Leftovers, Apply Them On Skin To Get Natural Glow
How does it work?
Banana peel is high in lutein, an antioxidant and carotenoid vitamin related to Vitamin A. Lutein helps in protecting the skin against the damage done by the sun. Banana peel is high in esterified fatty acids, which are hard to find otherwise and constitute as one of the basic ingredients in many patent lotions.
With the use of banana peel, you can achieve acne and wrinkle-free skin. It has vitamins A, B, C, E, potassium, zinc, iron, and manganese that can reduce even the old acne marks. It hydrates your skin from the inside out and gives it a softer look. If you too want naturally clear and younger-looking skin, this is how you can get it. Also Read: 7 Best Home Remedies To Get Rid Pimples And Acne Naturally, Also Remove Acne Scars
How to use Banana Peel?
Incorporating banana peel in your daily beauty regime is very easy. Just follow the given steps for a beautiful looking skin:
- First, prepare your skin. Use a mild cleanser to get rid of oil and dirt on the skin. Don't scrub or be harsh on your skin, especially if you have acne.
- Take a ripe banana and cut its peel into chunks and rub the inner part directly on the skin for 10 to 15 minutes in a circular motion.
- Keep a check if the peel in turning black from the inside.
- If that is the case, it means that the peel needs to be replaced now.
- Don't wash your face instantly.
- Let your skin absorb all the moisture for at least 4-5 hours. (You can do this before going to sleep so that it stays on your face overnight)
- Then rinse off with cold water.
- You can use banana peel daily for better results.
You May Also Like: 3 Homemade Neem Face Masks For Pimples, Acne And Blemishes
Other benefits of banana peel
Banana peel is rich in various minerals and vitamins which make it a perfect ingredient for resolving other skin related troubles as well. Here are some other benefits that you can reap from banana peel:
- It can be used to get rid of warts. Just tape the banana peel on the skin and leave it overnight. With continuous use, your warts will vanish.
- Because of high sugar content, it can help you with haemorrhoids.
- As it is high in natural moisture, it can treat eczema and psoriasis as well.
- You can use banana peel to correct cracked heels as well.
- Banana peel is rich in potassium and is anti-inflammatory in nature. It can be used to treat the skin irritated by the sun.
We know that it is hard to believe something, which is often directly thrown into the trash can have so many amazing benefits. Banana peel is a one-hit-wonder that will give you healthier skin by cutting the cost of your beauty budget. So, the next time when you eat a banana, save its peel to look beautiful.