China’s most anticipated airport that is designed like every sci-fi lovers’ dream is set to open on September 30, 2019, just a day ahead of the 70th anniversary of the People’s Republic. The Beijing Daxing International Airport has every detail that you would ever imagine. The excitement is building around the new airport. According to reports, China United Airlines would be the first airline to use the new airport. The mega five-wing terminal building, designed by late British-Iraqi architect Zaha Hadid and her Chinese partners, features the most advanced security system empowered by artificial intelligence. As the Daxing International Airport is ready to host the travellers, here are the five things that you must know about China’s enormous sci-fi airport. The Upcoming Beijing Airport in China is Every Sci-Fi Lover’s Dream: Here are Five Most Beautiful Airports Around the World.
5 Things to Know About Beijing Daxing International Airport
1. The new airport is located around 50 km south of the city of Beijing. It is positioned in the Daxing district in the city, hence the name. Besides, the location is close to the border between Beijing and the Hebei Province.
2. Daxing’s main terminal will be the world’s largest. Yes, at 7.5 million square feet, the international airport’s hexagon-shaped main terminal will be the largest single-building airport in the globe. It will boast seven runways, accommodate 620,000 flights and 100 million passengers per year.
3. The engineers took five years to build the Daxing International Airport. The initial phases began in 2014, and the feat has been pulled off reportedly by 8,000 workers.
4. Unlike most airports, the security checkpoint does not have to be the end of seeing your friends and family off. If you head to the fifth floor, you can watch and wave as they go through the security and make towards the gate. Are you excited already?
5. Another most fascinating fact about the alien spaceship-shaped terminal is that it has been designed to accommodate more aircraft and minimize the amount of walking, you otherwise have to do at the airports. As per Chinese reports, the distance from the security checkpoint to the farthest gates will take you eight minutes’ walk, approximately.
So now you know the fascinating points about certainly the gigantic airport in China. If you are planning a trip anytime sooner, make sure you book your tickets to Beijing after September 30, 2019. You will be counted as the early visitors!