Mariah Carey at No 1 above The Pogues (Ranked! Top 10 Christmas Songs, G2, 6 December)? Wham! at No 11 and Springsteen’s Santa Claus Is Comin’ To Town (or any other version of the song come to that) not even in the top 50 online? I usually take your top 10s with a pinch of salt, but this time you have gone too far. Santa will surely not be visiting Michael Hann this year.
• Re apostrophe misuse (Letters, 5 December), my late lamented schoolteacher friend Ronnie spotted this classic outside an Edinburgh cafe some years ago: Various’ ice’s’. Can anyone top three mistakes in two words?
Dumbarton, West Dunbartonshire
• When the i newspaper was sold to the odious Daily Mail regime (Report, 1 December), I returned to the Guardian. Never in my life did I conceive that I would ever be grateful to the Daily Mail. Apologies from a prodigal.
• I am becoming cheesed off with your Feast section on Saturdays. I love cooking but there is rarely a recipe there that I can cook because it would take a journey of about 60 miles either north or south to find some of the ingredients. Please could we have some “normal” recipes as well as the ones for major city readers?
• I used to enjoy Boris Johnson in Have I Got News for You. I look forward to his swift return, or perhaps to Would I Lie to You?
• Join the debate – email email@example.com
• Read more Guardian letters – click here to visit gu.com/letters
• Do you have a photo you’d like to share with Guardian readers? Click here to upload it and we’ll publish the best submissions in the letters spread of our print edition