It feels so miserable to see your little one suffering from cold and cough. Especially, because they feel congested and are unable to express their discomfort. Although we take care that babies are not exposed to an environment where they may catch a cold but changing weather takes a toll on them and they fall sick.
Home remedies are always my first choice because cold and cough medicine make babies drowsy. Few remedies that worked for us are:
- Steam after massaging works wonders. It helps in congested nose and chest, giving instant relief. For steam, you can take your baby and stand in the bathroom with a hot shower on.
- Warm water comforts the throat.
- Warm soup (tomato/ chicken)
- Carrot juice boosts immunity.
- Keep baby close to you as your warmth helps baby to heal fast.
Mustard oil boiled with garlic pods, massage feet, chest and back with this oil.
- Roast carom seeds (ajwain) and put it in a muslin cloth. The pouch should be placed near the baby’s cot so that the smoke emerging from within the pouch will help in providing relief to the baby. It will help clear the blockage and provide relief to the baby.
- Breastfeed as much as possible.
- Use saline drops to clear the nasal congestion.
- Keep baby away from anyone suffering from cold, cough or fever.
Your baby needs extra love and pampering when sick. Try to spend more time with the baby and you shall see a fast recovery.