The Indian card game Teen Patti has become very popular around the subcontinent as well as other countries in Asia. Teen Patti is essentially the Indian version of the British card game “3 Card Brag”. Teen Patti is basically a short version of the classic poker. It’s played with a 52-card deck without jokers, and the game is best suited for 4 to 7 people.
Teen Patti actually means “three cards” and as the name suggest it’s only being played with three cards. Compared with regular poker is just a simplified version of it, in most common versions, players are stuck with the cards they are dealt and have no option exchanging cards or receiving further cards. You will find different variations of Teen Patti like with poker with options such as community cards, drawing, exchanging cards, or winning with low-rank cards.
What Online Casinos Offers Teen Patti
One of the best online casinos in India to take your gambling is at 10CRIC, they cater towards Indian customers and really takes care of all Indian players. You will find a lot of special promotions here just for India.
They offer live table games for al the favorite cards game such as Andar Bahar, Teen Patti, and many more top Indian games.
10CRIC actually offers multiple live tables featuring Teen Patti and Andar Bahar. They have a low-limit table that suits players who enjoy playing with very low stakes, and they even has a high-roller tables of both games, so players who like to bet big is also well taken care of here.
Other great sites besides 10CRIC to play Teen Patti at is 1xBet, LeoVegas, ShowLion, and Royal Panda. All these sites are great places for Indian players to play at, and you shouldn’t have any problems finding a suitable promotion or a welcome bonus.
Hand rankings and different variations of Teen Patti
Just like in poker you got hand rankings that determine who wins the pot, and in some cases if you play live, you get different odds depending on what hand rank you end up with. (If you play against the house you get 1/1 for a pair and 4/1 for three of a kind etc).
Since you only play with 3 cards, you got don’t got as many winning combinations as in poker. Here is a list showing all the six different hand rankings you’ll find in all Teen Patti versions;
- Three of a Kind: Three cards of the same rank. Three A’s are highest rank here, as three 2’s become the low-rank.
- Straight flush: Three consecutive cards of the same suit.
- Straight: Three consecutive cards of different suit.
- Flush: Three non-sequential cards of the same suit.
- Pair:Two cards of the same rank. Again the AA10 will beat KK10 since high cards always counts.
- High card:Three mixed cards that canæt be put in any of the above categories. A is the highest card, while 2 is the lowest-card.
These are the most common hand rankings you’ll find when playing Teen Patti, but you also find some other variations of the game that might allow some more hand combinations. Here is a list of the most common versions of Teen Patti;
- Muflis (lowball) – The rankings are reversed, and the player with the lowest hand rank wins.
- Low wild – Each player’s lowest card is considered a wild.
- High wild – Here is the opposite, it’s the highest card that is considered as a wild.
- Community – Players are dealt two face down cards, and there are 1 or 3 community cards with their faces up.
- Draw – Once dealt their three cards, players are allowed to discard some of their cards and get dealt new ones.
- Best of four – Players are dealt four cards and they must choose three of them to get the highest hand ranking.