I guess chilla has become my “go to” breakfast ‘thing’. It feels real easy to mix and make chilla/pancake and best part you can use whatever you fancy. Same happened with me; breakfast in a jiffy- make Instant Veggie Chilla.
It’s so baby and tiffin friendly, quick to prepare. You can even prepare the batter and keep in fridge overnight. Just mix again and get go at the chila’s. My son loves it and insisted on eating on his own. Usually he makes a mess but this is mess free breakfast for toddlers.
Hope you like this recipe, it’s very simple but tastes yum with green chutney.
- 1 & 1/2 cup semolina/suji
- 1/2 cup curd
- 1 cup water
- 1&1/2 cup finely chopped veggies (I have used carrot, cauliflower, onions)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all the ingredients until combined.
- The batter should be of pouring consistency.
- Pour 3-4 spoonful mix on a slightly got tawa. Spread some oil on the sides and leave it to cook for about a min.
- Flip and cook for 30 sec.
Now transfer in a plate and serve with green chutney.
Also read: 2 Easy Chilla Recipes For Busy Mums
Explore the entire collection of articles: Tasty Recipes For Toddlers