Pumpkin Hummus Sandwich, sounds different??
Hummus is one of my favorite Mediterranean food however, I personally like the flavored ones moreover the regular one. I have tried many in past and Peri-Peri was a clear favorite. However this time I wanted to add some dash of extra nutrition to my hummus and that's when I decided use some pumpkin. What better than making a Pumpkin Hummus Sandwich then!!
Now catch with pumpkin is that its naturally sweet to I used some coriander, some chilli and garlic too. This gave required pungency to the pumpkin and then I mixed it in regular hummus and then used it as a bread spread. Not just it turned out yummy on a three-tier sandwich but was quite fulfilling too. My son offcourse loved it and I was happy to feed him pumpkin without much of fuss. So here is a quick Pumpkin Hummus Sandwich recipe for you.
- Whole wheat bread: 4 slices
- Boiled chickpeas: 1/2 cup
- Garlic: 3-4 cloves
- Pumpkin: 1/2 cup cubed
- Lemon juice: 1 tbsp
- Black pepper: 1/2 tsp
- Coriander sticks: 1 tbsp chopped
- Olive oil: 1 tbsp
- Hung curd: 1 tbsp
- Oregano: 1/2 tsp
- Salt: as per taste
- Green chutney: 1 tbsp
- Cook pumpkin in 1/2 tsp oil with some salt, garlic, coriander sticks, black pepper with some salt.
- Now in a mixer to prepare hummus, add chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice, black pepper, 1 tsp olive oil and cooked pumpkin and make paste of it.
- Mix black pepper, salt and oregano in hung curd.
- Now take a slice and spread hummus and keep another slice and spread hung curd mixture and top it up with another slice and spread chutney.
- Close the sandwich and cut it into triangles as serve.
Also read: Pepper Paneer Sandwich
Explore the entire collection of articles: Tasty Recipes For Toddlers