If you have been a fan of Masterchef Australia you probably know what I am talking about.This is the recipe for contestant Harry’s famous brookies, but made into an eggless version.
Brookies are fudgy (semi-soft) very sinful and chocolaty` with a chewy texture.
I bet you can’t just stop at one! These brookies are best had with your cup of tea or coffee. This recipe is adapted from gayatri kumar’s blog gayatriscookspot.
- Dark chocolate 350 grams
- Butter 45 grams
- Brown sugar 200 grams
- Maida 300 grams
- Milk ½ cup
- Vanilla essence 1 tsp
- Chocochips 100 grams
- Baking powder 1 tsp
- Melt butter and chopped chocolate in a microwave or a double boiler till it’s melted properly
- Let the mixture cool down
- Add all other ingredients and mix properly.
- Refrigerate for 30 mins
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and make small-sized balls. Flatten them a little and keep on a baking tray 2 inches apart from each other. At this stage, you can top them with choco chip or nuts of your choice. Bake for 13 to 14 minutes maximum.
- Take the brookies out and let them rest on the tray for 10 minutes. They will look soft but don’t worry they will eventually harden.
- Rest them on a cooling rack for 15 mins
- Store these in an airtight container and keep relishing this for 2 weeks. However, it won’t last for more than 2 days if you are a Choco maniac!
Also read: We Are Going Bananas And You Will Too!
Explore the entire collection of articles: Fun Recipe