Well and like any of my earlier recipes, it’s very easy to prepare. When in hurry I prefer making the makhani masala (with healthy twist) a night before and use fresh cut vegetables rather than doing the opposite. This Corny Broccoli Makhani Toast was much loved at my home. Offcourse it’s an indian taste over a toast with some exotic vegetables..what more do you want in a fusion recipe??
Corny Broccoli Makhani Toast can be a great starter recipe too and it off course looks quite appealing. To make it more interesting for kids you might want to add some grated cheese along with paneer and you know no-one can have just one. Feel free to adjust the seasonings as per your taste and enjoy this healthsome delight.
So, here is your Corny Broccoli Makhani Toast.
- Whole wheat Bread: 2
- Broccoli: 1 cup
- Sweet corn: 2 spoons boiled
- Zucchini: 1/2 cup diced
- Garlic: 1 tsp chopped
- Ginger: 1 tsp
- Onion: 1 chopped
- Tomato: 2 chopped
- Jaggery: 1 tsp
- Cinnamon: 1
- Black peppercorns: 1/4 tsp
- Cloves: 2-3
- Cardamom: 2
- Salt: as per taste
- Milk: 1/2 cup
- Turmeric: 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala: 1/4 tsp
- Coriander powder: 1/4 tsp
- Cumin powder: 1/4 tsp
- Ketchup : 2 tsp
- Paneer: 2 tbsp
- Olive oil: 1 tsp
- Heat 1/2 tsp oil and add cloves, cardamom, cinnamon and garlic and saute for a while.
- Add ginger, onion and saute for 2 mins and then add tomatoes and cook covered for 2-3 mins till tomatoes are soft.
- Add turmeric, coriander, cumin powder and garam masala and cook for 2 mins more.
- Next add jaggery and mix it well and then let this masala cool and then make a paste of it.
- Now take a pan and heat 1/2 tsp oil and saute broccoli , zucchini and corn with some salt and black peppers.
- Next add the makhani masala and milk and cook for few mins before adding crumbled paneer into it.
- Now you can either grill this in oven for 10 mins or directly use it.
- Toast the breads and cut into small squares and put come ketchup and then the makhani and vegetable mixture and a bit of grated paneer and serve for snack/breakfast.
Also read: Crispy Broccoli Fritters Recipe
Explore the entire collection of articles: Fun Recipe