'Dabangg 3' shoot: Salman gets notice for damaging antique statue

Ranpreet Kaur


10 Apr 2019: 'Dabangg 3' shoot: Salman gets notice for damaging antique statue

Salman Khan, who started shooting for Dabangg 3 last week, recently landed in a legal trouble after the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) issued a notice to his team for a set construction inside the Jal Mahal in Mandu, MP, considered illegal.

The notice also accused the Dabangg 3 team for damaging a stone statuette, an antique figurine, at the fort while shooting.

Damage: Team ordered to remove set pieces constructed inside the monument

As per an eyewitness, the film crew was removing part of the sets on the banks of the Narmada river in Maheshwar town, and some heavy objects apparently hit the statuette.

As a result, a part of the antique figurine was damaged and broken.

The ASI notice also ordered the Dabangg 3 team to remove the two set pieces constructed inside the monument.

Warning: 'Dabangg 3' team was warned about damaging the site

Notably, with the illegal construction inside the Jal Mahal, the Dabangg 3 team has violated the norms of the Ancient Monument and Archaeological Sites and Remains Act, 1959.

Apparently, Salman's production team was informed about the damage earlier. However, they didn't pay any heed to it, said media reports.

In fact, no action was taken by Salman's team in this regard.

Shooting: If directive not followed, 'Dabangg 3' shooting might get canceled

Media reports further suggested that the notice was served on Sunday to one Harsh Dev of M/s Dream World Movies and Production at Sudama Nagar in Indore.

Signed by the Mandu Sub Circle ASI Junior Conservation Assistant, the notice had a clause that the permission of shooting might be canceled if the Dabangg 3 team fails to follow the directives mentioned in the notice.

Criticism: MP Culture Minister criticizes damage, says steps will be taken

Meanwhile, state Minister for Culture Vijaylaxmi Sadho also criticized the damage caused at the historical monument.

She stated that the Dabangg 3 team was allowed to shoot in Maheshwar only because it would highlight the tourism potential of the historic town.

"If something went wrong during the shooting of the film, steps against the people concerned will be taken," the minister asserted.

Fact: Sadho has issued directives to Khargone district collector

Furthermore, Sadho stated that she will be visiting the historic site to assess the situation at the fort. "I have taken cognizance of the matter and issued directives to Khargone district collector, superintendent of police and sub-divisional magistrate (SDM)," the minister informed.