My life was pretty much like that of any other young person in India and as here we stay with our parents and do not move out unless if you have to move out to a hostel for further education, all I was required to do was study. I didn't have any household chores or responsibIlities to share, everything was taken care off.
Sense of entitlement also brought about lots of issues when I was left to fend for myself when I joined the workforce.
These are the 5 things I would like to tell my old self:
1. Come out of your comfort zone: I have always played safe when it came to my education or the profession I got into, If I could do it all over again, I would
have experimented a little more.
2. Travel a lot more: Travel bug bit me much later in life, all thanks to Diljeet who was always a avid traveller and would pack his bags and take off just like that on solo trips, I wish I had done few solo trips.
3. Forgive and forget: Few of my relationships have gone kaput or become distant because I couldn't forgive easily, I would have done it all differently if I could go back in time.
4. Learn driving: Like travelling, I learnt driving little later in life.
5. Surround yourself with positive people: Teenage and adolescence brings a lot of unwarranted attention though I had many friends but wish I could have surrounded myself with more like minded people rather just hanging out with people who I thought were cool.
These are mine, what is the one thing you would like to tell your younger self? comment below.