- Half litre full fat milk
- 2 tablespoon Cornflour (mixed in water)
- 1 cup sugar ( or as per taste)
- 4-5 tablespoon Cocoa powder
- Cream (1.5 cups)
- Choco chips (optional)
- 5-6 drops Vanilla essence (optional)
- Bring the milk to boil and lower the gas to simmer, while stirring well. Add chocolate powder to the cornflour and water mix and stir well ( make sure there are no lumps). Add this mix and sugar to the hot milk and stir well. Let it cook for 5 minutes till it gets a thick consistency.
Let this mix cool completely and then only proceed. Cooling completely is important.
- Take cold cream in a bowl (cream should be really cold). You can even place the bowl on another bowl filled with ice and salt so that it doesn't melt. With a hand beater or cream whisker, beat the cream for 5 minutes giving small breaks till peaks are formed.
- To this cream add the cooled milk mix, vanilla essence and choco chips slowly by gently stirring.
- Add this mix to a container suitable for setting ice cream, one with a lid and freeze for 2 hours. Take it out once again, beat it to break ice crystals and again set for 6-8 hours.
Enjoy with your choice of toppings of fruits, nuts, sauces, whipped cream etc. You can also use this in making other recipes like cold coffee, sundaes etc.
The amount of sugar and cocoa powder should be checked before setting as on freezing it will be of lesser potency, so add accordingly so that when it freezes you get desired colour and taste.
Also read: Dessert Idea: Chocolate Ice Cream Delight
Explore the entire collection of articles: Tasty Recipes For Toddlers