It is exciting to take your baby out for the first time. But it needs very careful packing of things so that you and baby don’t face any discomfort. But then, it is an established fact that we moms tend to forget something or the other. Such is mom’s life!
So, here is a list of all the important things I carry in my diaper bag whenever I take my baby for an outing.
- 2-3 extra diapers, wet wipes, a napkin to wipe and diaper rash cream and changing mat.
- A pair of extra clothing along with vest. (if it’s more than 2 hours then I take 2-3 pairs)
- 6- 7 napkins and 1-2 bibs
- Drooling bibs
- Pair of socks
- Sweater and a cap (in case the weather changes)
- An extra quilt
- 4-5 toys/ rattlers
- a thick bed sheet (in case we are going at someone’s place, then I use it whenever baby has to be put down to a nap or change)
- mosquito repellent (patch or roll on)
Apart from these things, baby’s food includes:
Baby below 6 months:
- Feeding scarf
- Burp cloth
- Formula powder, boiled hot water (in thermos bottle), feeding bottle (sterilized)/ bowl spoon. (*in case formula or combination fed baby)
Baby 6 months+
- Water sipper
- 2-3 food options that baby eats.
You may include milk/ formula too if you need.