A well chalked out diet plan always helps us stay fit and healthy. Our writer Mahima Krishna A shares her diet plan that will help you stay fit, active and healthy. It is important that you understand your body's needs before you conclude on a particular diet plan. Every body is different and so are the needs of the body in terms of food.
Non vegetarians should eat meat at least twice a week. Vegetarians should substitute this with protein rich food like paneer or tofu
If you are concerned about weight gain, avoid egg yolks and have the whites for a while.
- 5:45am - 1 glass water infused with lime. If you like to take warm water with lemon then you can add honey too. Soaking a piece of lime in an infuser bottle with water and drink acts as a good cleanser.
- 6am to 6:40am - Spend some time walking or a work out
- 6:40am - 1 glass of water
- 7:15 am - One cup of milk and about 3 almonds
- 9am-10am - Have a healthy and hearty breakfast like upma, omelette, poha etc
- 11:30am - A fruit or half glass of fresh juice without sugar. Tender coconut water is also a good option.
- 1:30pm - Lunch should include a bowl of cooked vegetables or sprouts salad , 1 phulka and a small bowl of rice
- 3pm - A glass chaas or buttermilk. Do not add any salt or sugar.
- 5pm - A cup of tea.
- 5.30-6.30pm - Go for a walk
- 6:30pm - A fruit or soup (homemade)
- 8:30/9pm- Dinner includes Cooked Vegetables and 2 phulkas/ 1 phulka+1 bowl salad (Vegetables or sprouts)/ 1glass ragi malt + 3 slices of muskmelon.
- Binging on junk food once in a while is a good option. Never over do. Consume at least 3 liters of water in a day.
- Never starve yourselves. It is important to go slow and steady.
- Include all sorts of colored vegetables and fruits in your diet.
Eat Well, Workout Well, Stay Fit and Healthy.
Also read: 4 Superfoods For A Healthy Life