Lauki or bottle gourd has innumerable benefits but it's bland taste make kids run away from eating this vegetable so here is the yummy way to make them eat this super vegetable - Lauki Ka Paratha
- Lauki or bottle gourd
- Wheat flour
- Salt according to taste
- 2 tablespoon of Gram flour (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of Kasuri methi
- Coriander leaves or a pinch of coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon Garam masala(optional)
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon Carom
- Wash the lauki properly, peel its outer skin and chop it into small pieces. Boil it for 2-3 whistles in a pressure cooker. Add only a small amount of water while boiling as lauki itself has a good amount of water content and let it cool.
- Take wheat flour and add all the dry ingredients.
- Now mash the boiled bottle gourd and add it to the mixture, add 2 tablespoon of oil, no need to add water for kneading as lauki already has water content.
- Knead into a soft dough and keep it aside of 5-10 minutes.
Make parathas and serve with tomato chutney or curd.
Also read: Parantha with an Italian Twist
Explore the entire collection of articles: Fun Recipe