This recipe can be given to infants who are around 9-10 months of age. It is a good way of giving milk, nuts and fruit in one go. It is super yummy and easy to make and sugar free too.
Ingredients (For 3-4 medium bowls)
- 2 medium sized bananas
- 350 ml milk or 2-3 cups
- 1-2 tbsp nuts powder (roasted almonds, pistachios, cashews, etc)
- 1/2 tsp elaichi powder
- 8-10 dates soaked first and then grinded
- Soak dates for a couple of hours, chop them and grind them to make a paste.
- In a pan, heat milk.After one boil, let it reduce a bit on simmer. Add nuts powder, elaichi powder and a few saffron strands if you like. You can also make a nut paste instead of powder and add.
- When milk is reduced a bit, add khajoor paste slowly and stir well, so that it gets dissolved in the milk.
- Let this mix cool to room temperature. Now, add 1 mashed banana and about 1/2 chopped banana in this.
Serve it to the kids. It is very delicious.
One more fruit with which you can make this in same way is chikoo, which helps treat constipation in kids and is very nutritious.
Disclaimer: The photograph in this article is original and belong to the author. Reproducing it in any form without the permission of the author will not be allowed.
Also read: Oats Veggie Delight
Explore the entire collection of articles: Baby Foods