Kids these days start preschool or daycare very early and as parents, we are always worried if they are eating is healthy or not.
When kids go to daycare or schools, they carry a small tiffin and share with their friends as well.
Here is one recipe- Whole Wheat Cookies, which I thought of sharing, which is comparatively healthier than the cookies from the market which are nothing other than loaded with refined flour
Whole wheat Flour(Aata)- 2 cups
Sooji and Besan- ½ cup each
Powdered sugar- 1 cup
Ghee 1 cup
Milk - 1-2 tbsp
Baking soda- 1 tsp
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees
- Sift whole wheat flour, gram flour( besan), sooji and baking soda together.
- Add sugar and ghee to make a fine dough.
- Make small balls by rolling between palms and flatten them gently.
- Cut them cookie cutter and arrange them in a greased tray with some distance
- Bake for approx 12-15 minutes
And they are ready!
You can store them in an airtight jar for a week. They are great for kids munching and perfect to go along with your tea.
Disclaimer: All photographs in this article are original and belong to the author. Reproducing them in any form without the permission of the author will not be allowed.
Also read: Eggless Whole Wheat Cake
Explore the entire collection of articles: Fun Recipe