Back pain can kill your productivity and render you weak and jobless.
A stiff back restricts proper motion, lowers your sleep quality and overall diminishes the health of the muscles. I am Zubin Atre from Atre studios and I’ll be teaching you simple asanas you can incorporate in your daily routine to get some relief.
As always, do consult your physician before trying anything strenuous for your back.
To prepare your body for the asanas ahead,
- Simply lie down on your back, with your legs bent. Heels will be close to the hips
- Make sure your back is nicely flat on the mat
- Bring your knees closer and simply interlace your fingers over the knees
- Leave the weight of your legs on the your fingers
- Breathe out. Bring your head close to the knees
- Breathe in and bring your head back on the mat
- Bring your legs back on the mat and relax
- Lie down on the mat and bend your legs
- Spread your legs open and press your hands on the mat and rise your hips off the floor.
- You’ll notice that your glutes are nicely engaged
- Continue pressing on the floor with your hands
- Push your body weight towards your shoulders
- Now lower your hips back on the mat
- Breathe out and come back to the centre
- Sit in a cross legged position, with yoru body weight nicely divided between your knees and your hips
- Pull your chest up
- Breathe out and bring your right hand down by the side of your body
- Slide it down to the side and drop your elbows on the floor
- You’ll notice a tilt in your spice and that is precisely what we are looking for
- Open your chest to the left and drop your head to the right
- Now raise your right hand up towards the ceiling
- Repeat on the other side
- Lie down on the mat on your tummy
- Bring both your hands down by the side of your shoulders
- Push your hands on to the floor and lift your body
- Keep the elbows close to the body, keep your ears parallel to the shoulder and keep the naval away from the mat by maximum 5 cm
- Hold this position for 5 to 6 breaths
- Lower the body down by relaxing your arms
- Now extend your arms by the side of your body and relax
Editor: Puneet Bhatia
Camera: Abhay Sharma, Shiv Kumar Maurya
(Zubin Atré has designed five structured series of asanas derived from his experience over the years and his understanding of anatomy and kinesthetics . His studio AtréYoga is based in Delhi)
. Read more on Fit by The Quint.RSS & BJP’s Nehru-Netaji ‘Cosplay’: Irony Dies a Thousand DeathsTry These Simple Yoga Asanas for Lower Back Pain . Read more on Fit by The Quint.