Pasta in Sweet Potato Sauce is too yummy to give it a miss. Best part is that you wouldn't know that it’s made out of sweet potato and its as creamy as any Alfredo sauce So, this Pasta in Sweet Potato Sauce can be your replacement from the usual white sauce.
I have always had fondness for vegetable sauces and have made many before and this one was again another curiosity experiments and the hunger to cook something interesting but healthy.Had I known Pasta in Sweet Potato Sauce can be so yum, I would have done this before but as they say everything has a day and this was mine. This new recipe has left me overwhelmed with the healthy eating and cooking idea and I guess these days it’s just become a choice of lifestyle for all of you.
So, as I go an finish my bowl of Pasta in Sweet Potato Sauce here is a quick recipe for you and yes wish you a happy way forward.
- Sweet Potato :1 boiled and mashed
- Shell Pasta: 1 cup
- Milk: 1 cup
- Garlic: 1 tbsp chopped
- Black pepper powder: 1/2 tsp
- Oregano: 1/2 tsp
- Salt: as per taste
- Olive oil: ½ tsp +1/2 tsp
- Bell pepper: 1/2 cup cut in julienne
- Boil pasta and keep it aside and retain its water.
- Now heat oil in a pan and saute garlic and then add mashed sweet potato and cook for 2 mins till it forms as lump.
- Now pour milk and mix it well till it forms a nice thick sauce.
- Add salt, black pepper and oregano and cook it for a 30 secs and keep aside.
- In a separate pan add 1/2 tsp oil and bell peppers and mix it for few seconds and then add boiled pasta and 1/2 cup pasta water.
- Now pour the sauce and give it good mix till its gets the consistency required.
- Serve it hot and enjoy your no cream and no cheese pasta.
Explore the entire collection of articles: Fun Recipe