Beetroot, also known as beet, has been gaining in popularity as a new superfood due to recent studies claiming that beets and beetroot juice can improve athletic performance, lower blood pressure, and increase blood flow.
It is also good for diabetic patients. Beets contain an antioxidant known as alpha-lipoic acid, which helps lower glucose levels, increase insulin sensitivity and prevent oxidative stress-induced changes in patients with diabetes.
Beetroot also helps in digestion: Because of its high fiber content, beetroot helps to prevent constipation and promote regularity for a healthy digestive tract.
I tried making dosa with beetroot and my family loved it. So, I am sharing the recipe here:
- 3 cup Rava
- 2 cup Rice flour
- 4 tbsp Curd
- 2 Medium size Beetroot grated
- Salt & Red chilli powder as per taste
- 1/2 tsp Ajwain
- Handful of chopped coriander
- Mix all the above ingredients and make dosa-like-batter (neither too runny nor too thick).
- Add water to add adjust consistency and keep ii for 15-30 minutes.
- Make Dosa and serve with chutney
- Use a little butter on top to add to the taste.
Also read: Moong Dal Dosa: A Perfect Healthy Meal
Explore the entire collection of articles: Fun Recipe