Can't tell you how long I have waited to make this Healthy Layered Dip come just the way I wanted, Infact, I missed getting some baked pita breads to relish with this so just had with crackers. Now the catch in this recipe is Avocado, you need one for sure and getting a good one is very important.
In India, you would get them at only few fruit vendors that too try to get a medium ripe one and not over ripe. Well now that I got this made and it has come out well, I can assure you to try it out. Just that you can adjust the seasonings as too how much spicy you want your dip to be. I haven't made a spicy version here. So that should help you adjust the bench mark.
- Kidney beans: boiled 1 cup
- Garlic: 1 tsp chopped
- Ginger - Garlic paste: 1/2 tsp\
- Tomato paste: 2 tbsp
- Mexican seasonings : 1 tsp
- Salt: as per taste
- Brown Sugar: 1/4 tsp
- Olive oil: 1 tsp
- Paneer: 2 tbsp
- Hung curd: 1 tbsp
- Oats: 1 tsp
- Milk: 1 tbsp
- Flax seed powder: 1/2 tsp
- Mixed Herbs: 1/4 tsp
- Black pepper: 1/4 tsp
- Avocado: 1 medium sized
- Tomato : 1 tbsp chopped
- Onions : 1 tbsp chopped
- Lemon juice: 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Green Chilli: 1 chopped
- Coriander: 1 tbsp chopped
- Cumin powder: 1/4 tsp
- Start with the red beans layer first.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in the pan and saute garlic and then add ginger garlic paste.
- Next add tomato paste , brown sugar and salt and cook till the tomato is done.
- Now add the beans and little water and mexican seasonings as per your taste.
- At the end add 1 tsp lemon juice and mash it coarsely and let it cool.
- Next is the white creamy layer.
- Take a mixer grinder and add paneer, hung curd, oats, milk, flax seeds, mixed herbs and make a creamy paste.
- Adjust salt and pepper and keep aside.
- Last is Guacamole layer.
- Scoop the pulp of guacomole in a bowl and add green chilles, onions, tomatoes, lemon juice and coriander.
- Mix all this while mashing and last add salt and cumin powder.
- Now take the serving dish and add the first layer of kidney beans, next white sauce and last gyacomole.
- Garnish with some fresh lemon juice and flax seeds powder as serve.
Also read: Spring Onion Dip Recipe
Explore the entire collection of articles: Fun Recipe