I love recipes that are healthy and tasty. Oats is one thing I feel I need to add to breakfast or snacks.
Oats and Apricot Granola Squares are amazingly tasty, healthy squares to much on for small hungers. Kids love it and so as the older ones. You don’t need any added sugar as apricots as so sweet themselves.
Here peanut butter acts as a glue to make these bars. But, if you have some allergy of nuts or just simply don’t want to use them just replace with jaggery or gur.
The only difference remains that they will be a bit hard and no need to keep in fridge.
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup dried apricots chopped roughly
- 1 cup oats
- Salt a pinch
- In a heavy bottom saucepan, heat the peanut butter until melted on a low flame. Add honey, salt, apricots and mix well.
- Add in 3/4 cup oats and mix again.
- If the mixture is still too wet, add more oats.
- Line a square pan with foil or parchment paper. Tip in the granola mix and press it hard in a thin layer. Make sure to get it even around the edges.
- Let it cool at room temperature and then refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Cut in squares and Enjoy!!
You can exchange apricot with chocolate chips or any nut of your choice.
Explore the entire collection of articles: Fun Recipe