Uttapam is a dish which can be eaten anytime- breakfast, lunch, snacks or dinner. There is a variety of rawa uttapam- onion uttapam, tomato uttapam and uttapam made of rice and dal fermented batter.
I don't know about others, but my definitely gets bored and says me why you cook normal food daily??? We think you are out of ideas.
So, today morning, I packed this healthy spinach uttapam for my kids snacks box.
This uttapam is not made of batter, but bread and with a twist.
- Bread slices, cut into round shape
- 4 Tbsp- Rawa
- 4 Tbsp- Dry roasted oats (grounded)
- Spinach (Puree)
- 1 Tbsp- All Purpose Flour
- Finely chopped onions and tomatoes
- Heat a tawa on a medium flame.
- Meanwhile, make a batter with salt, oats, rawa, curdi and spinach pureed (This batter will not be thick like regular uttapam batter)
- Take a round bread slices spread the batter with spoon and put some chopped onions and tomatoes.
- Now, put some butter on the tawa and put the prepared bread slices with the bread side on the tawa and let it cook for 1-2 minutes.
- With the help of a spatula, flip the side gently and put some butter.
- Let it cook.
Serve them hot with chutney of your choice.
Note: If you don't have curd, use water, but curd gives a good flavour to the uttapam.
Explore the entire collection of articles: Fun Recipe