I made this today in breakfast and kids loved it!!
Ingredients (For 5-6 pockets):
- 5-6 slices of bread (fresh bread)
- 5-6 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 bowl finely chopped veggies (capsicum, carrots, cabbage, boiled corn, mushrooms, beans, black olives etc)
- 2 tablespoon tomato puree or 1.5 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 1 teaspoon green or red chilli sauce (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chilli flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Oregano or mixed herbs
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- Oil and water for cooking
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add garlic and saute till colour changes. Then add onion and saute. Add all chopped veggies one by one and saute them.
- Add salt, pepper, tomato sauce or puree, chilli sauce, chilli flakes, oregano and cook well till the filling is a little dry and cooked. Switch off the gas. Then, add cheese and mix well. Keep aside for cooling.
- Take a bread slice and remove the sides, with a sharp knife. You may also use crustless bread.
- With a rolling pin, on a board or chakla, roll the bread flat. Please take care that it is smooth, there are no holes or gaps.
- Place the filling in middle of the rolled slice and apply little water on edges to seal the bread as a pocket.
- Fry the pizza pockets on medium flame.
Serve it hot and crisp with a sauce or dip of choice!!
Disclaimer: The photograph in this article is original and belong to the author. Reproducing it in any form without the permission of the author will not be allowed.
Also read: Healthy Breakfast Pizza Recipe
Explore the entire collection of articles: Tasty Recipes For Toddlers