Lakme Fashion Week started with a bang with all the buzz around the bridal looks & the traditional Lehengas for the shaadi season & has continued on with many more outstanding looks by various designers like Manish Malhotra, amit Aggarwal, Arpita Mehta, Padmaja, Aavaran, Ridhi Mehra, Jayanti Reddy Label, Vineet Rahul & Pallavi Mohan!
Here’s our favourite looks from the show stoppers of the respective designers ramp walks! (These images are in random order)
- Katrina Kaif for Manish Malhotra’s Maahrumysha. She wore a velvet emerald green lehenga which had gold embellishments all over pairing it with a blouse with ruffles on its back side while her hair was styled into lose waves and her makeup bold & daring.
- Lisa Hayden for Amit Aggarwal. She wore a new age winged wine coloured sari with her hair sleek & makeup on fleek with the natural makeup. Everything looks good on Lisa.
- Kareena Kapoor Khan for Gauri & Nainika. She wore two gowns that have played the game of cards with the runway. She looked like royalty in a red ruffled one shoulder dress with pleats around it & the nude makeup & up do tied the look up perfectly. Her second look left a trail with its black train & net work, her hair kept open & dark nude makeup enough to enchant us all.
- Ananya Panday for Arpita Mehta. She made her lakme debut wearing a heavily embellished pink lehenga and paired up with an equally heavy embroidered sleeveless blouse. Her wavy hair & champagne makeup definitely pinched at our hearts!
- Kangana Ranaut for Disha Patil. She dazzled in a pastel blue lehenga who’s skirt featured intricate traditional designs & a satin one-sided off-sleeve blouse. Her makeup constituted of a dramatic eye & she completed the look with a pair of blue danglers.
- Malavika Mohanan for Padmaja. She agreed with Padmaja about the idea of sustainable fashion & wore the Sapan wood shimmer sariwith smokey eyes & a blushed face that was framed by her loose curls falling down from the braided up do.
- Mrunal Thakur for Aavaran. She wore a mulberry silk, ivory, gold lehenga with ornate embroidery, teamed by a bandhgala, full sleeve top. She completed her look with a sheer makeup, beachy waves and a maangtika.
- Diana Penty for Ridhi Mehra. Elegance was her middle name as she wore an ivory lehenga that had a lot of surface texturing and pearl embellishment with a matching blouse and dupatta.
- Pooja Hegde for Jayanti Reddy Label. She wore a purple lehenga-choli with intricate mint green-coloured meenakari detailing, and a contrasting silver dupatta. She completed her look with a glossy makeup and open beach wavy hair.
- Malavika Mohanan for Vineet Rahul. She donned an extremely plunging neckline bralette & paired it with a sheer blue long jacket & had palazzo pants that also had the same polka dots on them as the bottoms.
- Esha Gupta for Pallavi Mohan. The disco was back with the stunning ombre metallic gown with a long trail and feathered texture dress that she was wearing with a high ponytail & neutral makeup.
- Tara Sutaria for Ritu Kumar. She came through with a layered look. She wore a slip dress with white, full-sleeved blouse, layered with long tassles, and knee-length black boots.
What a power packed & elegant bridal/ traditional looks! Not only did the celebs carry the dresses well but also gave a wonderful & mesmerizing walk! Tune in for more lakme fashion week favourites!
The post Lakme Fashion Week- The Best Of Showstoppers This Year appeared first on Popdiaries.