#LetsTalkSex: How to Treat the Issue of Premature Ejaculation?

Talking about sex is the best thing you can do for yourself if you are a sexually active person. You must educate yourself about safe sex practices, regardless of who you’re having sex with.

Over the past few weeks, we got multiple sexual health queries from our readers.

Dr Ajit Saxena, Senior Consultant Urologist & Andrologist at Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals and Dr Anurag Puri, Consultant, Department of Urology at Fortis Hospital Shalimar Bagh answer some of the queries here.

"I am seventy-five years young. Living a happy and healthy, married life. I have been exercising since my teenage and I like to keep myself, tall, fit and proper. Regardless of what I do, I have a concern in my sex life. This could be either due to age or medical treatment in the past, such as the use of prednisone more than fifteen years ago. In the last three years, I have slowed down considerably in my sex life. I have low level of erection and ejaculation. Can you please recommend hormone supplements to increase my stamina and vigour (available in the USA or India)?"

Hormone supplements without proper work up can be dangerous. Therefore, I would suggest that you see an andrologist in your city, get proper investigations done and then take the appropriate medicine / treatment.

"I cannot stay longer in bed. I have a premature ejaculation problem. I am unable to satisfy my partner. The timing of ejaculation is just 10-15 seconds. Please suggest a medication to take just before the act."

Premature ejaculation is a very common problem.

Premature ejaculation is a very common problem, particularly in the young. Treatment consists of pelvic exercises, psychological counselling and medicines, depending on severity of the problem.

"Hi, I am going through lot of depression just because of my sexual health which might be causing hairfall as well. I am just 21. I have so many problems: 1. Regular nightfall 2. Release of semen while urinating 3. Premature ejaculation 4. My penis is completely covered and the skin over head is not flexible. I can’t uncover penis head even in normal state. Please suggest me what to do. I don’t know which doctor to go to."

Please don’t tie yourself into knots. Relax, as your issues are quite common at that age. For your penile skin problem and other concerns, see a urologist, who is also an andrologist, in your city.

Also Read: #LetsTalkSex: How To Reduce Sensitivity Of My Penis?

"It’s been almost 6 months. I have this problem of fungal infection around my genitals. Firstly, it was near my genitals on inner thighs but now the infection has spread to my penis. What should I do?"

“I have this problem of fungal infection around my genitals.” 

Fungal genital infection requires both anti-fungal ointment and oral anti-fungal drugs, but only after confirmation with a specialist after clinical examination.

"Can a virgin girl get pregnant if the couple didn’t have penetrative sex but the guy ejaculated around the vagina?"

A girl can in rare cases get pregnant even if there is spillage of seminal fluid around the vaginal opening if the fluid manages to seep down.

(Have you subscribed to FIT’s newsletter yet? Click here and get health updates directly in your inbox.)

Also Read: #LetsTalkSex: What Are The Ways To Maintain An Erection?

. Read more on Fit by The Quint.RSS & BJP’s Nehru-Netaji ‘Cosplay’: Irony Dies a Thousand DeathsPost ‘Sadak 2’, Mahesh Bhatt Pens B’Day Letter for Sanjay Dutt . Read more on Fit by The Quint.