Donald Trump has condemned the London Bridge Terror attack as a “horrific act of violence” - and pledged support to the UK.
The American president’s statement came after a terror attack unfolded in London Bridge on Friday afternoon.
The attack left one person dead, as well as several with knife injuries.
The suspect, who was shot dead at the scene by police, was believed to have been wearing a hoax explosive device.
Mr Trump has been briefed on the situation, a White House official said.
London Bridge attack: Suspect shot dead by police and many injured in 'terror-related' incident
Several people stabbed at hall near London Bridge, eyewitness says
London Bridge attack: 'Huge bravery' of public who tackled hoax bomb suspect
Spokesperson Judd Deere said: "President (Donald) Trump has been briefed on this morning's attack at the London Bridge and is monitoring the situation.
“The United States strongly condemns all horrific acts of violence on innocent people, and we pledge our full support to our ally, the United Kingdom."
Prime minister Boris Johnson said: “I’m being kept updated on the incident at London Bridge and want to thank the police and all emergency services for their immediate response.”
Prominent Trump campaigner David Wohl has sparked controversy for comments over the latest terror attack in London.
He write: “If law-abiding Londoners could carry firearms legally, it probably wouldn't have happened.
"Amazing how bold the terrorists are when they know their victims will be unarmed."
Mr Trump has previously made comments on various stabbing incidents in London - and an ensuing feud with London Mayor Sadiq Khan.
In June of this year, Mr Trump publicly attacked London Mr Khan, and blamed him for London escalating violent crime rate.
He tweeted: ”He is a national disgrace who is destroying the City of London!”