Clove is one of the many essential spices of an Indian kitchen. A dash of it renders an earthy flavour to the food and beverages. Ayurveda has always relied on the goodness of cloves to concoct various remedies.
Recommended Read: 5 Different Ways You Can Use Carom Seeds (Ajwain) For Weight Loss
From toothpaste to face cream to biryani, look around, and you can feel the presence of cloves in almost everything. However, there is one secret that you don't know about clove, yet. It can help you to shed pounds in a week. Yes, clove is one of the spices that can help you to tone down.
How does it work?
Clove is not just another fragrant spice that will add flavours to your dishes, but it is one of the few spices which can help you to lose weight in a healthy way. High in anti-Cholestyramine and anti-lipid properties, clove can help you to regulate your cholesterol and glucose levels. It also helps to lower plasma. One of the main reasons why people find it difficult to lose weight is because of the slow metabolic rate of their bodies. Cloves help to regulate the bowel movements, which aids your weight loss.
You May Also Like: 13 Natural Seeds Which You Can Add In Your Daily Diet To Easily Lose Weight
How to take it?
There are many ways in which you can consume clove, but the best and the most effective one is listed below:
A combination of spices
Just like clove, pepper, cinnamon and cumin seeds can be a wonderful addition to your weight loss journey. The combination of these three spices helps to improve digestion and metabolism, which helps the body burn the fat faster. This combination will also help to regulate your blood sugar levels and cholesterol.
- 50 gms clove
- 50 gms cinnamon
- 50 gms cumin seed
- Dry roast all the ingredients in a pan until you get a spicy aroma and then grind the mixture into a fine powder.
- Keep the mixture in an airtight jar for a week.
- Boil 1 tbsp of this mixture with a glass of water and let it cool.
- Strain the mix and add some honey in it.
- Drink it on an empty stomach in the morning for good results.
Other benefits of clove
Not just for weight loss, you can use clove for your overall health benefits as well. See for yourself how you can get the best out of cloves:
- Adding clove to tea is a wonderful idea for those who are fighting with any kind of respiratory disorder. It can prevent cold, flu and many types of respiratory infections.
- It is a natural room freshener. Just put some cloves in the dry spots of your home to get rid of the smell. It is your chemical-free air freshener.
- Clove is a natural antiseptic and can help restore the pH level of the skin. You can use it in your face masks to deal with the stubborn acne.
Clove is a versatile spice, having many medicinal qualities other than just being one of the tastemakers. It can help you to stay fit while making your respiratory system better than before. It is a versatile spice, and you would want to use it more and more.