Kadhi has been one of my favorite items to experiment with. So, while one of my experiments was much loved at home just because it made Kadhi much lighter than the regular 'besan' version. I thought to blog it too. This offcourse had a different taste but is high in protein and you would only love having it more, just because it doesn't make your food feel heavy.
Vegetables add to the goodness and combine with white/brown rice to enjoy a good lunch meal.
- Makhana: 1 cup dry roasted
- Yoghurt: 1 cup
- Turmeric: 1/4 tsp
- Salt: as per taste
- Cumin Seeds: 1/4 tsp
- Cumin Powder: 1/2 tsp
- Carrot: 1/2 cup diced
- Cauliflower: 1/2 cup diced
- French Beans: 1/2 cup cut in 1/2 inches
- Garlic: 1/2 tsp chopped
- Onion: 1 chopped
- Oil: 1 tsp
- Curry leaves: 3-5
- Asafoetida: 1/4 tsp
- Mustard seeds/ Fenugreek seeds: 1/2 tsp
- Make powder of the dry roasted makhana.
- Now add this powder in yoghurt with cumin powder, turmeric and 1/2 cup water and give it a good mix till it’s even.
- In a wok, heat oil and add some cumin seeds and then garlic till they are light golden.
- Next, add onion and saute till they are caramelized.
- Now, add all the vegetables and salt and cook covered on slow flame till the vegetables are done.
- Next, add the makhana and yoghurt mixture and keep stirring till it starts boiling.
- Adjust the seasonings and then heat some oil for tempering and add mustard/fenugreek, asafoetida and curry leaves.
- Add the tempering to the kadhi right before you serve.
Also read: Mango Lovers Try This Mango Curry Recipe
Explore the entire collection of articles: Fun Recipe