Buildings at Manchester Airport were evacuated after a naked man running around a coach station sparked a security alert.
Bomb disposal officers carried out a controlled explosion after reports of a suspicious package.
The security alert was sparked a man was seen running around naked in a coach station.
A police cordon was put in place and all trains, trams and buses in and out of the station were suspended.
A controlled explosion was carried out by bomb disposal officers and a man has been detained, police said.
The Manchester Evening News reported the alert was sparked by a man running around naked in the coach station.
Coach driver Caroline Watson told the newspaper: “The guy was running around with his arms waving in the air, going up and down.
“He was running back and forth. He was going in and out of the terminus.
“He had no clothing on whatsoever. It is not what you expect to see at 6.10am on a Monday morning.”
Greater Manchester Police said: “Bomb disposal officers are at Manchester Airport transport interchange to assist GMP with enquiries.
“As part of their assessment to ensure the package is safe, a controlled explosion took place.
“The cordon will remain in place as a precautionary measure as enquiries continue.
“A man has been detained by police at the scene.”
Greater Manchester Police later said most road closures had been lifted.
It said: “The majority of road closures that were put in place as enquiries were carried out by officers at Manchester Airport transport interchange have now been lifted and traffic is returning to normality.
“A small scene remains in place in the ground floor area of the coach station as officers continue with enquiries.”
The transport hub at Manchester Airport reopened at about 11.15am.