12 Mar 2021: Manoj Bajpayee tests positive for COVID-19; shooting for 'Despatch' halted
Bollywood's acclaimed actor Manoj Bajpayee has become the latest celebrity to contract coronavirus, his team informed on Friday.
Following his diagnosis, the shooting of Ronnie Screwvala-produced film Despatch has been halted. Prior to Bajpayee, the movie's director Kanu Behl had tested positive.
The shooting is expected to resume in a couple of months, Bajpayee's publicist said.
Here are more details.
Recovery: He is quarantining at home, said Bajpayee's publicist
Saying that Bajpayee tested positive after the director did, the publicist added, "The actor is on medication and recovering well. He is in self-quarantine at home and following all precautions. We wish him for super recovery."
He had started shooting for the movie on February 6.
At the time, Bajpayee had uploaded a picture of himself and a clapper board.
Project: Bajpayee was looking forward to this movie
An investigative thriller, Despatch revolves around crime journalism.
"As an actor, I want to be part of stories that I want to tell and that deserve to be told. Despatch is one such film," Bajpayee had said.
He had also heaped praises on Behl, saying that the director is "well-versed with the changing times and has total control on his craft of storytelling."
Fact: 'Back to where it feels like home'
Looking back: Ranbir Kapoor, SLB tested positive this week
The list of Bollywood celebrities contracting the infection is getting longer.
Actor Ranbir Kapoor and his Saawariya director Sanjay Leela Bhansali tested positive this week.
Today, Kapoor's lady love Alia Bhatt (who is, interestingly, working with Bhansali on Gangubai Kathiawadi) put up an Instagram post, revealing how much she is missing him.
Earlier, she had declared that she hasn't contracted the infection.
Fact: Major missing, wrote Bhatt in mushy post
Maharashtra: Maharashtra's coronavirus story is not improving
The rising cases in Bollywood shed light on Maharashtra's poor handling of the coronavirus crisis. It has remained the worst-affected state since the outbreak last year.
The number of cases stands at 22,66,374 and deaths at 52,667 in the Western state.
Considering the worsening situation, a seven-day lockdown, starting March 15 (Monday), has been imposed in Nagpur and adjoining areas.