Litchi is a summer fruit that many people love, it can be eaten on its own or used in juice. Juices or concentrates made with it are available in the market but have a lot of preservatives. I have tried making one summer cooler from it. Here's the recipe:
Ingredients (for 2 glasses)
- 8-14 fresh litchi peeled and deseeded
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 5-8 mint leaves
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp black salt
- 1/2 tsp bhuna jeera powder (optional)
- 1/2 tsp chaat masala
- Thin lemon slices
- Ice cubes
- Soda water
- In a steel glass add litchis, lemon juice and mint leaves and muddle it well with a spoon. Try to extract as much juice as possible.
- Add honey, black salt, bhuna jeera powder and chaat masala and mix well. Now divide the mix and put half-half in 2 serving glasses.
- Add sliced lemon, ice cubes and soda water and serve chilled.
This is a really healthy and refreshing drink which increases appetite.
Please note that fresh litchi juice is good for health but has very hot in taaseer so pregnant women and young children should avoid it. It may cause high BP and bleeding from nose. I have a first hand experience of it. Consuming litchi as a fruit or as a drink mixed with something is a better option.
Also read: Summer Special: Tomato Lemonade
Explore the entire collection of articles: Fun Recipe