- Garlic Flakes – 1 cup
- Tamarind – small lemon size
- Red Chilli Powder – 3 teaspoons
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 teaspoon
Asafoetida Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Oil – 4 to 5 tablespoons
- Mustard – 1 teaspoon
- Curry leaves – few
- Salt – 2 teaspoons or as per taste
- Jaggery powdered – 1 teaspoon
To fry and grind:
- Coriander Seeds – 2 tablespoons
- Cumin – 1 tablespoon
- Fenugreek seeds – 1 teaspoon
- For the pickle, use garlic with small size flakes If the flakes are big, then cut it into two to four lengthwise. Take a cup of garlic flakes, peel the skin and keep aside.
- Soak tamarind in water and squeeze out a cup of thick juice.
- In a dry kadai, put the coriander seeds, cumin and fenugreek one by one and fry till it slightly changes its colour. Once it cools down, make a powder.
- In thick base kadai, put oil and add mustard, when the oil gets hot.
- When they splatter, add asafoetida powder and curry leaves and then add garlic flakes
- Fry the garlic till it become light brown.
- Add tamarind juice, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and mix it well
- Let it boil and add coriander powder and stir well
- Add jaggery powder and cook till it is thick.
- Once it cools down, store it in a jar.
Also read: Quick Capsicum Pickle Recipe
Explore the entire collection of articles: Fun Recipe