Keep your baby cosy with the perfect swaddle blanket
- Are your parents the boss of you?
- Bollywood's Doting Parents
- Star Parents vs Star Kids: Who's Hotter?
You have your bundle of joy in your hands and keeping her cosy is your first priority. That is when soft and cuddly swaddle blankets come in. We tell you how to choose the softest and cutest swaddle blankets so that your child is warm and secure and never misses her mom's embrace.
Why She Needs Swaddle Blankets
Before child-birth, most would-be mothers are floored by baby booties and adotable mini-sized clothes. Little do they realise, that it will be a while before the child will actually need them? So, swaddle blankets come first because your newborn needs to remain warm and held together just after she emerges into a new world staright from the womb.
Best fabrics for swaddle blankets
The best fabric to opt for the swaddle blankets is gauge. It’s a light-weight fabric with small crinkles that tends to stretch slightly. The other fabrics that mothers go for are muslin and the super soft cotton flannel. You can also choose organic cotton flannel as an eco-friendly option.
What's out there
- The major function or use of the swaddle blanket is to keep the baby warm. You can swaddle your baby in the basic blanket and layer with another one for extra warmth.
- Some blankets come with a Velcro trim so that you can tuck your baby in without the fear of the blanket falling apart when she moves.
- The zip-size sac swaddle blankets has a zip in the front that comfortably tucks in your baby.
- Monogramming the blankets with your baby’s name has been an old tradition which will make it unique.
- Opt for blankets which are printed on both sides, so that you can use them when one side looks dull or faded.
- There are those called receiving blankets which are stitched like shopping bags.
- A blanket that is mostly made of the Turkish towel material and comes with flaps to hold the hands and legs together is called a Miracle blanket.
- Another option to swaddle your child, is to make her wear the Sleep Sack swaddle. It is like a small dress with a zipper and then flaps to hold the hands together.
Prints and colours
Go big on colour and prints to keep it fun. Even when you are going crazy over a a blanket with a white base, cash in on cute hearts, animal and floral prints. Abstract prints look great too. Many mothers are opting for customised blankets and getting the names or the photograph of the baby printed on the blanket. This is ensure that the blanket will entirely belong to your baby.
More on >> Kids
Image courtesy: © Thinkstock photos/ Getty images
Related Articles -