Sydney, July 22 (ANI): Warner Bros' horror movie 'The Conjuring' opened up at first place at US weekend box office with earnings amounting to 41.5-million-dollars, according to studio estimates.
The Vera Farmiga, Lili Taylor, Patrick Wilson and Ron Livingston starrer displaced three-week box-office champ, 'Despicable Me 2,' which dropped to second place with 25-million-dollar-earning, the Sydney Morning Herald reported.
Fox's animated offering 'Turbo,' opened with 21.5 million dollar, which was good enough for only third place.
The top box office grosser are:
1. 'The Conjuring,' - 41.5 million dollars
2. 'Despicable Me 2,' - 25 million dollars
3. 'Turbo,' - 21.5 million dollars
4. 'Grown Ups 2,' 20 million dollars
5. 'Red 2,' - 18.5 million dollars
6. 'Pacific Rim,' - 15.95 million dollars
7. 'R.I.P.D.,' - 12.76 million dollars
8. 'The Heat,' - 9.3 million dollars
9. 'World War Z,' - 5.2 million dollars
10. 'Monsters University,' - 5 million dollars (ANI)