The natural skin gets damaged over time and no amount of make-up can lend you that perfect, flawless skin if you fail to take preventive measures and restore its natural health. Keep your skin hydrated and moisturized at all times. Remember to remove make-up before you doze off. Now that we are done with the basics of how to keep your skin healthy, let's find out how to get that 'barely there' nude look women around the world can't stop raving about.
The 'barely there' look was an instant hit with women of all age groups and celebs have been spotted with glowing, natural looking faces. The fact that one simply cannot tell if you are wearing make-up is what makes the 'barely there' look work. During the summers no one wants to project a caked-up front and this is where the nude look comes to your rescue.
Stuff you'll need for this look
Cleanser, Tinted moisturizer, Concealer, Oil absorbing powder, Cream blush, Eye shadow, Eye Pencil, Nude Lipstick and Mascara.
How to go about it?
1. Gently exfoliate your skin - Wash your face with a cleanser and a soft cloth to exfoliate.
2. Even out your skin tone - Moisturize your skin and even out the differences in your skin tone with a sheer tinted lotion. If you have a very oily skin, you may want to skip moisturizing.
3. Hide blemishes and under eye circles - Conceal blemishes with a concealer that matches with your skin tone. Never apply too much of it though, as it only highlights the flaws further. A thin layer to cover up will do the trick. Use your fingers to blend.
4. Powder to remove shine - If the lotion you apply adds shine to your skin, apply an oil absorbing powder. This will reduce the shine.
5. For a flushed look - Highlight the colour of your cheeks slightly by applying a cream blush in a shade that goes with your skin tone.
6. Eye makeup - Shade your eyelids with an eye shadow that is slightly darker than your skin tone. A brownish tint enhances your eyes' contours. Don't leave any hard edges. If your eyes require extra definition, pick up an eye pencil in a brown shade to apply between the top lashes.
7. For your lips - apply a shade that matches with the colour of your lips and apply with your fingertip rather than directly from the tube.
8. Define your lashes - Lashes are very important and you simply cannot ignore this aspect of your eyes. Apply two coats to your top lashes and touch up only the roots of your bottom lashes. Never coat the bottom lashes in its entirety as it'll look made up and artificial.
Now that you know how to get the 'barely there' look, just work on it till you master it. It may seem effortless but it's not. Make changes where you feel they are necessary. Understand your skin tone and condition just to get the look right. Fresh, natural looking faces are in and it's a look you'll surely love!