Contest Terms & Conditions
Please read and agree to these terms and conditions before submitting content to ‘Flickr Rides’ (‘Group’). This Group is run by Yahoo India Private Limited, Unit No. 1261, 6th floor, building No.12, Solitaire Corporate Park, No. 167, Guru Hargovindji Marg, (Andheri-Ghatkopar Link Road), Andheri (East), Mumbai – 400 093 ("Yahoo India") and Yahoo India is organizing a contest on this Group (“Contest”), which shall be open in two phases, the first phase will open from 10:00A.M. on 30th September 2013 to 23:59P.M. on 24th November 2013 (both days and times inclusive) (“First Phase”) and the second phase will be open from 07th December, 2013 to 17th December, 2013 (both days inclusive) (“Second Phase”) (First Phase and Second Phase shall collectively be referred as "Contest Period").
1. The participant must be a citizen of India and eighteen (18) years or older and should have a valid motorcycle license at the time of participating in the Contest.
2. The First Phase will be open for all the Yahoo users. During the First Phase, to participate in the Contest, the participants have to click pictures from their smart phones (i phones/Android phones) and submit the same on the Group via Flickr iphone apps. During the Second Phase, the Contest will be open only for the for Semi Final winners. To participate during this Phase, the Semi Final winners have to click pictures from their smart phones (i phones/Android phones) during the bike road trips in Bangalore or in Delhi NCR Flickr Rides and submit the same on the Group via Flickr iphone apps. (pictures or any material submitted by the participants shall hereinafter be called as “your Content”). Any entries for the Contest after the date of the close of the Contest Period shall not be valid and such entries shall not be considered for the Contest.
3. By submitting content to the Group, you guarantee that;
a) you are the actual copyright holder of your Content.
b) any person pictured in your Content agrees with your submission.
c) any third-party copyright or other rights holders in your Content agree with your submission.
d) your Content does not and will not infringe the rights of any third party, including any intellectual property rights.
e) you will indemnify and defend Yahoo India against any claim or damages resulting from failure to comply with these guarantees.
4. Screen captures of favorites, photographs of artwork, heavily photoshopped photos, and photographs with nudity or otherwise offensive references, photographs representing any form of violence (both on human beings and animals), abuse or sexual or political offence are strictly prohibited.
5. Photographs uploaded must not depict a violation of the basic ethics of safe driving. Any driving/riding pictures with the riders not in proper riding gear (which at the very basic constitutes a helmet, full length clothing, gloves and shoes) shall be summarily rejected.
6. All valid submissions and Contents (as defined above) submitted as part of the Contest will be evaluated and judged by, and entirely in the sole and absolute discretion of, a panel as may be appointed by Yahoo India. The Content will be judged on the criteria of Creativity of Submission (40%), Personality (40%) and “X Factor” (20%). At the end of the First Phase of Contest Period, Yahoo India will choose 20 (Twenty) winners (“Semi Final Winner”) out of all the best correct entries received before the end of the First Phase of Contest Period and during the Second Phase of Contest Period, Yahoo India will select 1 (one) grand prize winner (“Grand Prize Winner”) out of all the best correct entries received before the end of Second Phase of Contest Period.
7. Out of the total Semi Final Winners, 10 (ten) Semi Final Winners each will win a bike road trips in Bangalore and Delhi NCR on the respective dates as may be confirmed by Yahoo India. The Semi Final Winners will also receive a gift hamper worth Rs. 15,000/- (Rupees Fifteen Thousand only) from Flickr. The Grand Prize Winner will win a 4 (four) nights and 5 (five) days bike road trip in Australia on the dates as may be confirmed by Yahoo India.
8. The Winners will be intimated via email/telephone on the email address or the telephone number submitted by the participant. At the end of Contest Period, the Winners will be invited to take part in the Flickr Rides and accept the Prize/Prizes, the Winners must acknowledge acceptance of the same and provide such other documents/sufficient proof as requested by Yahoo India within 72 (seventy two) hours of receiving an invite or such time as may be specified in the invite. In the event, any Winners is unable to acknowledge acceptance and provide Yahoo India with required documents/sufficient proof, as requested for, to the satisfaction of Yahoo India of obtaining the Prize, then Yahoo India reserves the right to disqualify the Winners and forfeit the Prize at their sole discretion and provide the Prize to a new winner.
9. The Grand Prize will include only 1 (One) economy class return air ticket from any city/state in India with an International airport to Australia, 4 (four) nights accommodation. No other costs or incidental expenses will be paid by Yahoo India and the Grand Prize Winner will have to make his/her own arrangement for any other expenses not mentioned in the aforesaid Grand Prize.
10. Grand Prize Winner, traveling to Australia shall have to make their own arrangement for traveling documents such as passport, visa, foreign exchange etc. at their own costs and expenses and no other costs or expenses will be paid by Yahoo India and the Grand Prize Winner will have to make own arrangement for any other expenses not mentioned in the aforesaid Grand Prize. Meals and local transport (including airport transfers) in Australia shall have to be arranged by the Grand Prize Winner. Yahoo India shall not be responsible for making any arrangement for such documents and shall not entertain any request in this regard. This trip is subject to the visa grant by Australia consulate and Yahoo India has no role in any manner whatsoever. In the event the Grand Prize Winner are not granted Visa, then the Prize shall be forfeited and no claim of any nature shall lie against Yahoo India.
11. The Prize/s shall not be transferable/ redeemable for cash. No request shall be entertained by Yahoo India in this behalf. Any statutory taxes, duties or levies as may be applicable from time to time, arising out/ in respect of such free Prize/s, shall be payable by the Winners of the respective prize.
12. All costs and expenses for collecting the Prize/s shall be borne by the Winner and no claim of whatsoever nature will be entertained by Yahoo India in this regard. Yahoo India shall not be liable for any loss, damage, theft, or any other mishap caused to the Prize/s after or during handing over the same to the Winners of the Contest nor shall be liable to pay any amount or compensation whatsoever to any participant arising therein.
13. The participants will be fully responsible for the following at their own risk and cost and will not hold Yahoo India or any of its partners/ associates responsible/ accountable in any manner whatsoever – a) For planning the route, the viability of the route, the journey time and the durability/ suitability of their vehicle to undertake the same. b) For any accidents, incidents, repercussion of their undertaking the journey and / or participating in the Contest and any injuries, death, damages, destruction arising therefrom. c) For any other actions taken by them in pursuance of choosing to participate in the Contest.
14. Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of Yahoo India or any of its partners/ associates responsible and accordingly Yahoo may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to Yahoo India or any of its partners/ associates responsible as a result thereof.
16. Further, by adding your photo to the Group, you provide Yahoo India and Flickr with a limited, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license (but not the obligation) to use, copy, modify, translate and/or adapt, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display by any means and in any media, your photo solely in connection with the inclusion of your photo.
17. If editorially selected, you consent to allow Yahoo India to showcase your photograph on Yahoo India owned websites www.in.yahoo.com. However, Yahoo India’s license to such Content is limited solely to its use in connection with the Group or the promotion of the Group. Your photo will be showcased with the title you give your photograph, a link back to your original photo hosted on Flickr and attribution by your Flickr screen name.
18. You consent to allow Yahoo India to contact you through Flickr Mail/Yahoo mail regarding any enquiry Yahoo India might have related to your submission to the Group.
19. Yahoo India shall not be obliged to display photographs and shall not be liable for any entrant’s loss of publicity or enhancement of reputation. Yahoo India reserves the right to cancel the Group if deemed necessary at any stage.
20. The Winner or his/her legal heirs shall have no other rights or claims whatsoever against Yahoo India.
21. This Contest is organized and conducted by Yahoo India subject to the applicable laws in India. Yahoo India, or any of its affiliates, directors, employees, associates and their relatives shall not be liable in any manner whatsoever for any misrepresentation, default or any act or omission in relation to this Contest.
22. Employees of Yahoo India and/or their associate and affiliate companies/concerns, advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible for participating in the Contest.
23. In case of any dispute or difference in respect of this Contest, the decision of Yahoo India shall be final and binding on all concerned.
24. The terms and conditions of this Contest are subject to the laws of Republic of India. All disputes in respect of this Contest shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of competent court/s at Mumbai.
25. Participation in this Contest implies acceptance of all the terms and conditions of the Contest.
26. Yahoo India reserves the right to alter the terms of this Contest or terminate the Contest at its own discretion and without prior notice to the participant and without incurring any liability whatsoever.