New Delhi, July 26 (IANS) Fried snacks are savoured by many, especially when it's raining cats and dogs. But it upsets your stomach and you feel guilty for indulging in them. Here are some delicious healthy snacks that you can gorge on without any guilt pangs.
Chef Ranveer Brar, who hosts Zee Khana Khazana's "Snack Attack", helps you prepare healthy and yummy snacks:
1. Sofyani Paneer Tikka
- 350 gm of cottage cheese
- Mint and tomato chutney as required
- One cup of grated cottage cheese
- One tablespoon of mint chutney
- Salt to taste
- Crushed black pepper to taste
- Half cup of curd
- One-and-half teaspoons of ginger garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- Two teaspoon of garam masala powder
- One teaspoon of fennel seeds
- One-and-half teaspoons of gram flour
- One tablespoon of oil
- One cup of red, yellow bell pepper and capsicum mixture
- One-fourth cup of onion slices
- One teaspoon of chaat masala
- Mint leaves as required
- Coriander leaves as required
- Take a bowl and mix grated cottage cheese, mint chutney, salt and crushed black pepper.
- Take another bowl to marinate. Add yoghurt, ginger garlic paste, salt, garam masala powder, fennel seeds, gram flour and mix it well.
- Cut cubes of the cottage cheese, slit each from the centre and fill it with stuffing.
- Now marinate the cottage cheese cubes in the prepared mixture and keep them on the baking tray. Pour the remaining mixture on top of it.
- Bake at 200 degree celsius for around 10 minutes.
- To make the accompaniment, heat oil and sauté red and yellow bell pepper, capsicum slices, onion slices and chaat masala in a pan.
- Put the vegetables on the skewers with cottage cheese cubes.
- Place the skewers on the plate and serve it with mint and tomato chutney, garnish it with coriander leafs.
2. Beetroot Hummus
- Two tablespoons of lemon juice
- Five to six garlic cloves
- Two tablespoons of Tahini paste
- Half cup of oil
- Half cup of beetroot paste
- One-and-half cup of boiled chickpea
- One cup of oil to blend
- Two chapattis
- Seven to eight olives
- One cucumber
- Half teaspoon of oil
- Parsley leaves as required
- Use a blender to mix lemon juice, garlic cloves and Tahini paste.
- Then add oil, beetroot paste and boiled chickpea and blend it again.
- Gradually add oil to this mixture.
- Cut strips of the chapatti then place an olive in the middle and roll it and put them in the skewers.
- Cut cucumber batons and keep the prepared humus in a bowl and add some oil to it.
- Place the hummus bowl on a plate and keep the prepared skewers with cucumber batons.
- Garnish it with parsley leaves.