Johannesburg, Sept 02 (ANI): New concert film, One Direction: This Is Us, from British boy band 'One Direction' has opened up at first place at the US weekend box office with earnings of17 million dollars, according to studio estimates.
The concert documentary, directed by American documentary film-maker Morgan Spurlock, who is best known for his 2004 fast-food expose 'Super Size Me', deposed Lee Daniels' 'The Butler' from the top spot to conquer the first place, News24 reported.
The Butler took the second spot with 14.7 million dollars earnings.
The third place was bagged by Jennifer Aniston's raunchy adult comedy 'We're the Millers', earning 12.6 million dollars in theatres, while the fourth spot was claimed by Disney's animated film 'Planes', a spin-off from Pixar's Cars franchise which took 7.7 million dollars.
Top 10 box office earners:
1. One Direction: This Is Us - 17 million dollars
2. The Butler- 14.7 million dollars
3. We're the Millers- 12.6 million dollars
4. Planes- 7.7 million dollars
5. Instructions Not Included- 7.5 million dollars
6. Elysium- 6.3 million dollars
7. The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones- 5.2 million dollars
8. The World's End- 4.7 million dollars
9. Getaway- 4.5 million dollars
10. Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters- 4.4 million dollars. (ANI)