Red lips look simply stunning, especially when you are going out for an evening party or a night out. They make you look classy yet sexy no matter what kind of dress your are wearing. So, if you are heading out this night, don’t stop yourself from picking up this smouldering hot shade. But, it is true that it is not everybody’s cup of tea to create the perfect red pout and carry it off with élan. So, here is a quick guide explaining how you can get the perfect pout to increase your glam quotient.
9 Common Foods that Burn Tummy Fat
Top 6 Foods to Boost Your Sex Life
How to Pick the Right Lipstick Shade for Your Skin Tone
Makeup tools that you need
- First and foremost, a lipstick that matches to your skin tone.
- A lip liner which matches your lipstick shade.
- A lip balm or moisturiser to prepare your lips.
- Other than this, you also need foundation, some face powder and tissue papers.
All these tools will help you to create the magic of a perfect red pout.
Select a perfect shade
Chosing a lip colour that matches your skin tone is very important. If you choose the wrong shade then you may end up spoiling your entire look. So pick your shade carefully. People with dusky or wheatish complexion can opt for a darker shade of red. While, girls with fairer skin tone can settle for softer tones. But, you can also be a little adventurous and can experiment with tomato red. It makes your lips stand out and looks just wow! It is best to avoid tangerine-red as it does not look good on the Indian skin tone.
Prepare your lips
- First, apply some moisturiser or lip balm on your lips and let it dry. This will help create a perfect smooth base for you by making your lips supple.
- In order to make your lips look fuller, apply some foundation followed by a little bit of powder. These will cover up cracked lines and creases. It will smoothen out their texture.
Line and Colour the lips
- Now, start by lining your lips with a lip pencil of the same shade as your selected lip colour. This will give your lips a proper shape, and will avoid your lip colour from running out of the corners.
- Then use a lip brush to apply the lipstick. Lip brush gives you the freedom to decide how dark or how light the shade should be and it evenly distributes colour all around your lips.
Some quick tips
- Always blot the excess colour from your lips lightly using a tissue paper. Be careful not to completely wipe off your lipstick.
- You can consider using a lip plumper to make your lips fuller.
- Always use waterproof lipstick, unless you want your lips to “bleed” whenever you sip on a drink or a glass of water.
- Avoid going for the red pout in the afternoon.
- Do check your teeth because there are chances that you might have accidentally applied some lipstick on them.
- Carry your lipstick in your clutch or handbag and apply a fresh coat after two to three hours.
- If you are going for the red pout, then it is best to keep your other makeup minimal.
With these tips in mind you are certainly ready to create a dazzling impression at your next party!