Easy-to-make Chane Jaiselmer Ke for Karva Chauth
Karva Chauth is the festival that sanctifies your relationship by fasting and feasting. Since we can’t ignore the ‘way to your man’s heart is through his stomach’ diktat, we have a recipe that steps away from the usual chana-chole. With Bengal grams cooked in pure ghee, Chane Jaisalmer Ke is a must-try to surprise the hubby and break your fast.
3 - 4 green chillies chopped
1 tsp garam masala powder
2 tblsp oil
2 inch cinnamon
1/4 tsp asafoetida
1 cup bengal gram (kale chane)
1 1/2 cup yoghurt
2 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp red chilli powder
4 tsp bengal gram flour
Salt to taste
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 medium sized onions
2 tsp chaat masala
2 -3 black cardamoms
1 cup coriander leaves chopped
2 tblsp pure ghee
5 - 6 cloves
- 5 Foods to Break Your Karva Chauth Fast
- How to Fast Right This Karva Chauth
- Ethnic Outfits to Deck Yourself This Karva Chauth [Lust List]
1. Soak bengal grams overnight in four cups of water.
2. Drain the water the following day. Cook it in six cups of water in a pressure cooker. Mash the grams slightly. Don't throw away the water.
3. Heat the ghee and oil together in a non-stick pan. Add cumin seeds and when they crackle, sprinkle the garam masala. Fry for 1-2 minutes.
4. Add asafoetida and chopped green chillies and sauté.
5. Mix yoghurt, gram flour, one cup water and dry spices and add it to the sautéd whole garam masala.
6. Keep stirring till it boils. Mix in the grams along with the water they were boiled in. Mix in salt to taste. Cover and simmer (boil slowly at low temperature) for 8-10 minutes.
7. Serve hot and garnish with coriander leaves and onion rings.
Recipe courtesy: Hotel Sahara Star, Mumbai
Image via Mharo Rajasthan Recipes
More On >> Indian Cuisine
Related Articles -