- Recipes From Mum's Kitchen: Butter Pepper Garlic...
- Recipes from Mum's Kitchen: Chicken Pancakes
- Recipes from Mum's Kitchen: Instant Cheese Pasta
Give your regular gobi ki sabzi a tasty twist with this tried and tested recipe from mum’s kitchen that’ll change your boring lunchbox into a delectable meal. With simple ingredients and easy steps this is a no-fuss recipe that requires little time to prepare and makes even gobi taste delicious! Pack it up with hot rotis and a glass of buttermilk to keep you going through the day. Here's a Mughlai recipe we're sure will make it to your trusty cookbook.
1 onion (fry and make a paste)
2 small tomatos (puree)
Salt to taste
½ tsp red chilli powder
½ tspn dhaniya powder
¼ tspn turmeric powder
1 tspn tandoori masala powder
1 tbspn cooking cream
½ tspn garam masala powder
1 tspn maida
Oil for frying
Kasoori methi for garnish
1. Cut the cauliflower into florets and soak them in salted water for approximately 5-10 mins.
2. Drain the water and add maida and cornflour to the cauliflower and mix well.
3. In a pan fry the cauliflower till they turn brown and then remove them on an absorbent paper.
4. In the same pan, remove all the excess oil. In approximately 2 tbspn oil add jeera, tomato puree, red chilli powder, garam masala, tandoori masala, salt and cook on medium flame till the oil bubbles.
5. Add the fried onion paste and cauliflower to the mixture.
6. Check for salt and after cooking for 2-3 mins add cream.
7. When done sprinkle some kasoori methi and close the lid. Let it rest for a while and then serve.
Recipe Courtesy: Mrs. Zahabia Motorwala, Home maker, Mumbai
Image courtesy: ©Thinkstock photos/ Getty images
Related Articles -