As part of our Celebrate Summer At Home with Country Living virtual event, the lovely team at Summerdown Mint showed us how to make soothing peppermint and lavender bath salts – perfect for an at-home spa session after a long day.
How to make peppermint and lavender bath salts
500g Himalayan pink salt (widely available from your local deli or health food shop) BUY NOW
Sprinkle of dried lavender flowers BUY NOW
Sprinkle of dried peppermint leaves – snip open a Summerdown peppermint pyramid BUY NOW
30ml Bath base (available from Aromatherapy suppliers)
5 drops Peppermint essential oil - Mentha x piperita BUY NOW
10 drops Lavender essential oil – Lavandula angustifolia BUY NOW
• Mix the dry ingredients together; the Himalayan pink salt, lavender flowers and dried peppermint leaves.
• Mix the oily ingredients together. Measure 30ml bath base, add 5 drops of peppermint pure essential oil and 10 drops of lavender pure essential oil and mix well.
• Combine the dry and oily ingredients together and mix well.
• Pour into a jar with a lid or stopper, label and keep for approx. 6 weeks (that is if you don’t use them before!)
• To use, add a generous handful to a warm bath, allow the salts to dissolve and relax and enjoy.
The above video was part of our Celebrate Summer At Home with Country Living virtual event which took place on 8th and 9th August 2020, alongside an online Artisan Pop-Up Market. Please note that both events are now over and any mentions of them in the video no longer apply.
In need of some positivity? Get Country Living delivered directly to your door every month! Subscribe to Country Living magazine today and get 6 issues for £15.
Like this article? Sign up to our newsletter to get more articles like this delivered straight to your inbox.
You Might Also Like